Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gandhi

I have a better understanding of Gandhi after completing this short biography of him and watching the movie but my new understanding of him has generated other questions.

Who did Gandhi pray to? He considered himself a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian all of which have different gods. My guess would be that he prayed to whom I consider the one true God, that Christians pray to, but I don't have any facts to back that up.

Gandhi was a wise man who used his power to cause change for the Indian race. As a great leader himself, who did he follow? From my knowledge it would appear that he didn't follow a deity but values and principles. "Gandhi pondered the principles guiding his life-truth, non-violence, self-realization, and community service." Gandhi's influence didn't cease when he died. His influence continued on to conquer the civil rights struggle in the United States through Dr. King. Gandhi is an irreplaceable figure of our past and our world would be different today if it weren't for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment